Specifications of LAMBDA peristaltic pumps
The technical specifications and properties of the LAMBDA peristaltic liquid pumps and tubing pumps are explained below. The LAMBDA peristaltic pumps differ mainly with the flow rate range. The pumps are operated in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction, programmable and controlled remotely. The technical data sheet and leaflet of the LAMBDA laboratory peristaltic pumps could be found as a PDF.
All the LAMBDA peristaltic pumps can be controlled remotely by analog (e.g.: feed pump in bioreactor) and digital signals (via RS-232 or RS-485 interfaces).
||0 - 10 ml/min
(0 – 600 ml/h)
|0 - 10 ml/min
(0 – 600 ml/h)
|0 - 3 L/h
(0 – 30,00 ml/h)
|0 - 10 L/h
(0 – 10,000 ml/h)
|0 - 60 L/h
(0 – 60,000 ml/h)
|Warranty||5 years||5 years||2 years||2 years||2 years|
|Weight||< 1 kg||< 1 kg||1.2 kg||1.2 kg||2.5 kg|
|Dimension (WxHxD)||10.5 x 9.5 x 10.5 cm||10.5 x 9.5 x 10.5 cm||10.5 x 9.5 x 10.5 cm||10.5 x 9.5 x 10.5 cm||18 x 13 x 16 cm|
Settings / Accuracy / Reproducibility
- Digital speed control setting range 0 to 999
(steps 1, 2, 3, ... 997, 998, 999)
- Accuracy: ± 1%
- Reproducibility: ± 0.2% (electronics)
Programmable in both directions
LAMBDA MULTIFLOW, HIFLOW, MAXIFLOW and MEGAFLOW pumps
- Flow rate programmable: Up to 99 steps of speed and time settings locally on the pump display
- In both directions
- For linear and exponential feed profiles
- Program loop (infinite loop possible)
- Automatic switch ON and OFF (without using any timer)
(LAMBDA PRECIFLOW: manually adjustable flow in both directions or remotely controllable (analog/digital), not programmable locally on the pump display)
- Analog remote control
ON / OFF;
Flow rate control over whole range (0-10V); (Optional: 0-20 or 4-20 mA)
- Serial remote control
via RS-485 or RS-232 interface (optional)
for connection to laptop/PC with PNet pump control software (optional)
Storage of all settings
- Non-volatile memory
LAMBDA provides the power supply with desired plug types (AU, CH, EU, UK, US).
- Plug-in power supply: 95-240 V / AC, 50-60 Hz, DC 12 V / 6W output
- Battery operation: car battery (possible field tests)
If you connect your peristaltic pump to a LAMBDA laboratory equipment, a remote control cable will be offered instead of the plug-in power supply (e.g.: to connect the pump with MINIFOR fermentor-bioreactor). The remote control cable serves as a power supply when used together with LAMBDA lab device.
Sterility & Safety
To use in the sterile room :
- Autoclavable tubing
- Smooth and solvent-resistant surfaces for easy disinfection/cleaning of the pump
- Meets safety norm for laboratory instrument: CE, IEC 1010/1
No clamps, fixings or stoppers are required to hold the tubing in place.
Tubing for PRECIFLOW, MULTIFLOW, HiFLOW & MAXIFLOW (inside/outside diameter [mm]):
- Autoclavable silicone tubing: 0.5/2.5 mm; 1/3 mm; 2/4 mm; 3/5 mm; 4/6 mm;
- Viton tubing (for most solvents): 2/4 mm; 3/5 mm; 4/6 mm;
- Other tubing : with elasticity similar to silicone tubing
Tubing for MEGAFLOW:
- Autoclavable silicone tubing with inner diameter from 2 to 12 mm and wall thickness 2mm;
- Other tubing: with elasticity similar to silicone tubing
Durable and cost-effective tubing, without stoppers!
The tubing economy is such that the LAMBDA PRECIFLOW peristaltic pump is paid back after the use of only 80 m of tubing. Thus, this is the only pump on the market, which saves more money than it costs!
The estimated maximum pressure depends on the working conditions and type of tubing used in the laboratory pump.
LAMBDA PRECIFLOW, MULTIFLOW, HiFLOW & MAXIFLOW Peristaltic Pumps:
- approx. 0.1 MPa in clockwise rotation;
- approx. 0.15 MPa in counter-clockwise rotation
LAMBDA MEGAFLOW Peristaltic Pumps:
- approx. 0.18 MPa in clockwise rotation;
- approx. 0.2 MPa in counter-clockwise rotation
Extremely noiseless operation. The motor is controlled by a microprocessor.
PRECIFLOW & MULTIFLOW peristaltic pump:
- Stepping motor
HiFLOW, MAXIFLOW & MEGAFLOW peristaltic pump:
- Brushless long life BLDC motor with neodymium magnets
- 0 - 40 ° C
(The pumped liquid such as the liquefied agar in the agar pump MEGAFLOW can be quite warmer!)
- 0-90% RH, not condensing